- To secure a job in the computer science or information technology field, preferably in software design/engineering or system administration.
- MS Computational Science - S.U.N.Y. College at Brockport - Graduated May 2003
- Project: Configured a source-based Linux distribution on a cluster and studied the performance gains
- Classwork in embedded software, scientific/mathematical computing, parallel computing using MPI
- Languages used: C, MATLAB
- BS Computer Science - S.U.N.Y. College at Brockport - Graduated December 2001
- Spent a semester abroad at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland
- Languages used: C, C++, Java
- Coursework included algorithm design/analysis, UNIX, web programming, OS concepts, networking
- Computer Skills
- Familiar with Quantum, SPSS, BASH Shell Scripting, HTML
- Basic knowledge of SQL, database design, C, C++, PHP, MATLAB, MPI and Java
- Experienced in the installation, configuration and usage of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and various Linux distributions
- Knowledge of PC Hardware
- Networking – setup of DNS, DHCP, Samba, NFS
- Enjoy and willing to learning new things about computing, programming and problem solving
- Currently teaching myself Ruby on Rails
- Contributes to department initiatives at Harris Interactive
- Member of local computer user groups
- Tutored students in Computer Science while a graduate student at Brockport
- Help people in user groups solve problems
- Provide feedback and bug reports for open source software projects
- Trained domestic programmers and spent a month training new hires at an offshore vendor in India for Harris Interactive
Related Work Experience
- Senior Programmer, Harris Interactive; Rochester NY - 2/2003 - Present
Responsible for cleaning, tabulation, weighting and verification of deliverables using Quantum and SPSS in a UNIX environment. Learned Quantum and SPSS on the job.
- Tutor, SUNY College at Brockport; Brockport, NY - 2002
Tutored student’s one-on-one in various computer science courses. Helped students with C++, problem solving and debugging of programs. Also managed a small computer lab as part of my duties.
- Co-op, Eastman Kodak Company; Rochester, NY - 6/2000 - 8/2000
Assisted team members in the programming of web applications using Visual Basic 6 and SQL Server.
Intern, Newman Center; Brockport, NY — 9/1998-8/1999
Set-up and updated informational web pages. Trained the staff on how to perform updates.
References Available upon request.